Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's Going On in the Garden

Grapevine. "Mom, have you seen that grapevine. It is out of control. What are you going to do?" It is not quite what I had in mind but I plan to let it grow wild and Inshallah eat some good grapes.
I was asked, "So what's going on in your garden?"

 A lot. Praise God, slowly but surely.
These pictures are not quite up to date but close, about a week ago. It is amazing how much things have changed in that time.



Cherries

cherry

grapes

grapes

black berries
Citrus tress. I guess they are doing well. It seems like it. I wish the mandarin had buds, but i will continue to show it love in hopes that it will produce fruit.

Just lettuce but harvested from our yard.

tomato plants, african basil, basil and inshallah carrots. This ground cover seems to be working against me.

tomatoes, onions, and potatoes growing in the cardboard box


bell pepper, green beans, lettuce and you can see the beets and carrots if you pull back or harvest lettuce, and more onions.
tomato plant surrounded by mint

citrus tree. tree looks shabby but there are few buds on there.

chives and if you look closely you can see melons trying to sprout

The Boy's corn surrounded by squash

tomatoes, eggplant and more zucchini



pears. I like the way they are spaced on this branch.



Chickens doing there thing. I went to go collect but obviously I had to come back at another time.


As for the bees. I don't know. The method we are using is hands-off. They appear to be happy and doing their thing. I put out a swarm lure on Monday and when we checked on it bees seem to have found it already. I am hoping they are not bees from our current hive, which still seems to be doing well. We plan to check via observation again tomorrow. Time permitting, which I doubt, The Boy and I may go in and do an inspection.

Oh and we also have raspberry starts that are in need of transplanting. These raspberries are definitely going to have a story to tell.

And then there is the area behind the fence... When I look at it I think I need to make time and have a work party. But then the bees seem to be in heaven in that area so... .

I told myself this post would not be about all the things I need to do but about the things I have. So as I am venturing into that area I believe it is time to end.

Enjoy Life!
Erika

1 comment:

  1. So much happening. We had a lovely cherry tree in Benicia. Really the only good thing about it. Yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete