Saturday, May 5, 2012

SandMich rolls


Greetings!
I hope you all are well. I am good. A little tired and wondering what was I thinking to start making bread at 10pm; me and my to do list. huge sigh

Anyway, if you read the blog a few months back you know I once again began to make my family's bread. Since then I have taken sporadic minor breaks. AND now I have regressed. Not regressed in not making it but I must admit, all-purpose flour has been put back in the recipe. AND IT IS GOOD! A much better product. Maybe our taste buds have not made the transition yet, but also the texture.
backtrack.
When I was first taught to make bread all-purpose flour was one of the ingredients. But then I got on a mission, not a hardcore mission, more like a desire. not a big desire tho. A big desire would have had me in the kitchen concocting til I came out with the product I was after. Sciencing it up. But that was NOT the case. Not even close.  Anyway, I wanted to make AN EASY (I stress easy because that is a prerequisite to everything I cook) truly all wheat bread that was tasty. Oh and minimal ingredients. Like I said before, the products I was turning out weren't nasty but I have to admit this is better. That bread works but this recipe and a few others I have been playing with again are definitely back in the rotation. I also think that my skills have gotten somewhat better since I have been doing a lot more tweaking. I plan to continue to try to tweak a truly whole wheat a little more but when... who knows. Until then, my family [will happily] partake in whole wheat bread with one of the ingredients being all-purpose flour.

Oh and for those that don't know. a sandmich is a meal that contains two slices of bread and a hearthy addition in the middle of the two slices of bread.

Before I started this blog tonight, really morning, I saw that we have been blogging for a year now. Hhhmmm, am I supposed to do a one year blog celebration? Maybe I will. I do have about an hour before my bread is done.


2 comments:

  1. congratulations! A year is a big accomplishment. I used to be a hardcore whole grain baker, now I wander around. I have some books you might enjoy on the subject, though. We'll talk the next time we get together. The rolls look yummy.

    ReplyDelete