Sunday, May 20, 2012

Props to Those Who...

Got back to Cali and once again raw milk had been taken off the shelf. That left me at the market looking for alternatives. And also wanting to do a short public acknowledgement via the blog to show respect to all those that have chosen to secure their family's (and others) food source on any scale. I respect and applaud your efforts.

So this milk that I tried was good, creamier. It is not raw, but less pasteurized which leaves it closer to its natural state. And it is from Jersey cows. If I were to get a cow, based on my research thus far, this is the cow I believe I would get so based on the two facts above I gave it a try. I liked it and did I mention it is local. This is not meant to be an advertisement for the company but for all those in the Bay Area that like it raw you may want to give it a try.

Oh wait, why Jersey cow instead of Holsteins? They are smaller. Yes, less milk but I think I would like to start with a smaller breed. I am looking forward to trying it in a smoothie. And as y'all can see I am trying to wrap my mind around possibly owning a cow some day. I am not there yet. I was just wondering today what my yard would look like if I worked in it an hour a day. So tending to a cow... not yet. But major props to all those who do.



No comments:

Post a Comment