|Harvested by Erika, Aminah, Nadia, and Nasir.|
I decided to make squash enchiladas and zucchini bread. And we still have more. We are enjoying the benefits of growing our own food, even on this small scale. When we planted (late) this year we were not sure we would reap the benefits but with the inevitable earthquake coming better to be safe than sorry.
(As i was proofing this an earthquake hit.)
|Same recipe. 2 different flours. taste test.|
Basically we started a few new projects today. Thanks Sisters.
Wondering what we will see within the next week.
- Will the worm tea improve the appearance of the plants. It has a lot of nitrogen so i am thinking they will look even greener.
- Will the worm tea improve growth? In a week?
- Will the seeds we get from the green beans reproduce?
- What are the effects of pruning a squash plant? I am not sure we will get this question answered. I didn't intend to cut off new growth. I was trying to see if they would grow even faster with all energy going to them instead of a huge plant. But we shall see.
- We put the pulled up green bean plants into the chicken coop. I wonder if the chickens will find the leaves as appetizing now that they have easy access.
Peace took this photo today.