Wednesday, September 12, 2012

White Rock Lake

White Rock Lake


 I'm not a history buff but it does intrigue me and it was my minor in college. During a recent expedition of mine I happened upon White Rock Lake. It reminded me of Columbus "discovering" America except I did not exploit the land or inhabitants. Anyway, I really just happened upon it and had to stop. So my first trip was rather brief as I was en route to somewhere else. However, it was so beautiful, peaceful, and pleasant I had to go back. It was an oasis just beckoning me to return. So that I did.
If you are interested in learning more, I found this link to be informative. Brief History of White Rock Lake


Those reeds were teeming with life.



If we are blessed to visit it again I hope we can bike around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment