Friday, August 17, 2012

The Beginning or The End

Is this the Beginning, or the end, or did it ever stop?

This is how I am feeling as we "start" our new school year. We have not officially started but some learning is always taking place. As I lesson plan on the side. You know in all that spare time I have. I am currently facilitating the girls with Islamic Studies, Math, and Sewing. Nasir is focusing on Islamic Studies, Lang Arts (not too much writing if you exclude trying to master the friendly letter), Math, and Geography.


Something is telling me to write about lesson planning. 8th grade, 6th grade, and 3rd grade. A few things that come to my mind is that "after difficulty comes ease," and boy do I miss those easy elementary years. God willing this academic year will be fantabulous. Lesson Planning is not really challenging when I stop to think on it. It is more finding the time to do it right now, a few additional things going on that compete for my time. One of the books the girls will be reading is Angela Davis and it has been traveling with me for a while now but I am still in the same spot. I aim to finish it by this time next week.

What else? Life is Grand!

Oh the Garden. It is still feeding us despite neglect. Praise God! I tend to it but not nearly as much as I probably should. Actually, I know not as much as I should as some of my lettuce wilted from lack of water. It has an organic look right now. Wild. untamed. Yet Productive. I am trying to decide if I am going to do a winter garden. I will probably get more into it again once I get a few other things out of the way, especially Lesson Planning.  At least that is what I am hoping.

And I haven't been in a picture taking mood so excuse the lack of images. I looked at the lawn chair full of 39lbs of zucchini from the last harvest and asked myself...How many pictures of zucchini do you really need? 

1 comment: