Saturday, July 21, 2012

What's Up?

First and Foremost it is Ramadan! It is only day two but things are going well. God willing we will finish as strong as this start. My favorite part of the last two days is the children and I reading the Holy Quran in the morning and taking notes in our journals then sharing what we wrote at dinner. Great conversation and love to hear their take on what they are reading.




Faith and the drill. Huge Smile on my face. It cracks me up how I usually have an agenda on how the day should go but then they have theirs too.
Laundry detergent. I tried something a little different and I do believe I like it even more.
Overgrown mint. Peace needs to harvest her mint. But then again... the bees are loving it. This picture does not capture all the bees that it attracts.

Peace is designing shirts right now.

This picture bout sums up what is happening in the garden. Praise God things are growing.
This is Peace reluctantly allowing me to take her picture with her potato (left hand). She and I attempted to grow potatoes in compost inside of boxes. Things were going well (so it seemed) until an overgrown tomato plant basically fell on it. My brain began to function again and propped the plant up but we decided to harvest the potatoes. She found a few, but did not do a thorough job and we found a bunch more. Hence the experiment worked. Now we are planning to try to grow some in buckets. Why?  For the fun of it.

A clean coop. And ALL 3 groups of chickens are integrated. Praise God. Nadia refers to them as the old ones, the middle age and the teens. The 3 in the picture above are the youngest. Although they are not laying they are checking out the nesting box...together.

I think this is enough for now, although there is a lot more to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment