Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cold Weather

The Creek

Generally speaking I do not like to do yard work in the cold. In the past I would try to pump myself up and say this year, but cold weather would come and I would find myself letting other things occupy my time. Happy that I still had access to other food sources. Yes, Spoiled.
This year has been a little different. I am not planting yet, but doing yard work to prepare for the spring and next winter. And as most of you know, this season has been colder than ever. or so it seems. At least it is not wet (tho we can use the rain). In short, I am doing something new. Working in the yard in COLD weather on a daily basis, happy for lack of rain because it is affording me an opportunity to get the yard set up for future growth. Today we even painted the coop. I thought we wouldn't be able to do that til next year.
Which reminds me, I forgot to measure the area I want to put raised beds. God willing tomorrow.
The children and I splitting the coop in half so we can put the chicks outside.

The Boy learning how to work the staple gun.


We REALLY like zip ties




Grapevine almost dormant

Grapevine pruned back

As I was painting I was reflecting on the kitchen as our medicine cabinet. Well I guess our backyard is turning into our lab.

1 comment:

  1. Nasir looks so grown up and you still look like a teenager! It is hard for me to feel like getting up and going.

    ReplyDelete