Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In the Garden

Eggs from the Chickens: Penguin, Goldie, Lady, and Lena
Feeling grateful. Today a friend/parent of one of the children I help to educate asked me what I was cooking for dinner. She was kind enough to drop off the supplies as she picked up her child. She left so quick I was unable to pay her. I called to make arrangements to pay, but she refuses to take my money. Aside from the financial benefit that SAVED ME TIME. She will be leaving here with a dozen eggs next session.

In the Garden

We had to plant 3 times. Yes, three times. This should be really interesting to watch. We started off with seeds. Neatly arranged and organized. Trying to utilize what little knowledge we have collected over the past few years. Two weeks or so later we saw signs of growth. It was lovely. Anyone that has patiently awaited the arrival of sprouts knows how exciting this is to witness.
Well, The Boy left the coop open. That planning, waiting and watering went for naught... I think. The chickens are natural born tillers and eaters so in a matter of 2 hours or less the garden looked as is a hurricane went through it.
Due to time I went to buy a few transplants (half the garden) and decided to plant a few more seeds because transplants can get costly.
Well, The Boy left the coop open, again. At this point I am livid. The few plants that I could save (not many) and the remaining seeds are planted in the garden haphazardly. Not to mention I see stuff coming up from the first round and possibly the second.
I am looking forward to see how all this will play out.





1 comment: