Sunday, April 15, 2012

Celebrate in Others Their Finest Qualities

Greetings! I write that with a huge smile. It has been a while, yet again, that I have blogged. My intent was/is to blog once a week but stuff and/or so many thoughts and projects are swirling around in my head that I do not stop to make the time to organize them to share. So what I came up with to help me is to maybe just start with a quote that resonated with me from the week and try to apply it to my life, since I can generally be found reading and trying to apply it to my day-to-day anyway.

Here goes, one of the books I am currently reading is 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer. It is a good simple read. It resonates with a lot of the teachings of The Honorable Elijah Muhammad. For instance, the title of this post came from that book which is the same as saying settle on the best part. I like the word celebrate. I would like to think that most times I try to settle on the best part of others but I do not necessarily celebrate. Although the two words are quite similar and for some they may celebrate while settling, I have not reached that level just yet. So, I am publicly putting it out there that you all can help me CELEBRATE the finest qualities in others, and myself! I think that will bring on a much happier existence for all involved.
So what does it mean to celebrate someone?
Feel free to answer this via the comment section because I am not going to try to cover the full scope. But the top 4 things that come to my mind. (Why 4? Foundation)
1. Don't Judge
2. Encourage/Inspire
3. INTENTIONALLY send positive energy their way
4. Accept what they are willing and able to give lovingly and with a smile

I think this is all I want to say for now.
May God continue to bless us all,
Erika
Oh, Don't know how to turn image.

Oh every post needs a picture so I decided to add this one. I am celebrating that my chicks are laying eggs...small, but laying. (Party over here). Inshallah, we will be getting those large eggs real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment