Sunday, July 24, 2011

Clove Hitch Knot

Greetings! Happy Summer! I hope you are enjoying life.
I took a nature class a few months ago. A segment was on knots. We learned how to tie and use several different types of knots. I must admit that I do not recall the uses for many of them but I do recall how to tie a few of them. One of my favorites was the clove hitch.
"Mommy, I like that clothes line you made in the backyard. It is cool. Do you think we will use that more often?" "Yep, dryer broke!"
Needless to say I excitedly turned to the clove hitch to create a clothesline. I have no idea if this is a good knot for this purpose. I do know that it was good practice and that it has continued to hold up just fine with heavy loads after about 5 days now.
I plan to take it down soon and try another knot for practice. Maybe the tautline hitch.

I encourage you all to learn how to tie a few knots (and their uses) for we never know when this knowledge will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment