Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cherry Season

Cherry picking was fun. I believe all that went had a great time. We got to see folks we hadn't seen in a while. I would have liked to take pictures but I forgot to charge the batteries. Maybe once people, cough cough Michlene, send me pictures I can post.

Nonetheless, Once we got home we immediately got to processing all the goodness we picked. Peace made her first cherry pie all by herself. It was delicious. She even made the pie crust from scratch.

Peace''s first solo cherry pie w/ crust from scratch

Peace showing off her work. She doesn't like this picture.

Faith made cherry sorbet. It looked and tasted delicious. We failed to get a picture before it was gone. Hopefully next time.
We also pitted and froze the rest to use at a later date.



The children would like to go back this season. We shall see. Maybe next time we will take a picture of the sorbet and make some jam.

1 comment: